Learn to release toxins, tension and open up energy centre to help release physical and emotional tension. Marma therapy are the foundations of the body's healing and natural energy centers where acupressure has been based on.
The course can be completed privately, in pre-scheduled group sessions, or part-time. Call to setup your preferred schedule. You can check the existing program schedule first to see if you can find a suitable match that works for you. Call 416-504-6049 or email email@example.com to schedule your training.
This is one of 5 modules required for the completion of the Spa Specialist Program. Modules may be taken individually or toward completion of the full program. You may choose to immerse yourself in an intensive course of study to accelerate your Ayurvedic practice immediately or complete courses as your schedule will allow gradually building on each aspect of your practice. In this course you will complete:
Module Four: Ayurveda Hand & Foot Therapy
- Introduction to Marma Therapy of the Hand and Feet
- The Customization of the Sacred Herbs, Oils and Sugars for Hand & Foot Treatments
- The Ayurveda Foot and Hand Massage Treatment Sequence
Padabhyanga: India is a country of great diversity and as there are many dialects so there are various methods of Padabhyanga. However, stimulating the movement of energy is accepted across various styles of practice as a way of stimulating acupressure points. Massage of the marma (pressure) balances individual body type and is very helpful with addressing insomnia, fatigue and cramps. Foot massage in India is commonly practiced as a daily ritual, especially before retiring at night. One Indian saying summarizes this practice nicely: “Disease does not go near one who massages his feet before sleeping, just as snakes do not approach eagles.”
Learn Hasta Abhyanga, or Ayurvedic hand therapy. Alleviates tiredness, aches & pains leaving hands feeling light and refreshed. An infusion of medicinal flowers and herbs is massaged into the hands and arms to dissolve stress and tension and restore suppleness to the joints. Marma points – our physical and energetic centres – are stimulated, intensifying the healing process and improving inflammatory disorders such as arthritis and rheumatism. Regular Indian Hand Massage is highly effective in alleviating arthritic and rheumatic aches, painful joints and repetitive strain injury.
- Introduction to Ayurveda – understanding your Ayurveda Constitution
- The 5 Mahabhutas, (5 Great Elements)
- The Elemental theory for hands and feet
- The Vata Hand and Foot analysis
- The Pitta Hand and Foot analysis
- The Kapha Hand and Foot analysis
- Ayurveda hand massage therapy
- Marmas therapy for hands and feet
- Activation and massage techniques for each body type